If it aint one thing its another

So i get my celica running now (thanks to all who replied) and i hit another snag. I go to take it down the highway and when i put the car in 5th gear and hit the gas the shifter kicks out of gear why on earth would it do this? thanks in advance Dana

Reply to
D a n a

Usually wear in the selecter in the gearbox. Transmission shop time I'm afraid.

May not be that dramatic, but that is the worst case scenario. What age/model Celica was it again?

Reply to
Sleeker GT Phwoar

"D a n a" wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@corp.supernews.com:

Dog teeth are worn in the transmission. Tranny rebuild/replacement is indicated.

TeGGer®

Its a 1990 GTS

Reply to
D a n a

Sorry, forget the thrust washer theory and head for the transmission shop for an overhaul/replacement.

Reply to
Ray O

Worn inertia locks. Not too tough of a fix actually. I'm sure Gary Knowmore can fix it, he knows everything

Reply to
MDT Tech®

Reply to
D a n a

Dana, you need to order the "hub and slider" for the gear in question, then of course, all synchros and bearings. But you could just fix 5th as its at the rear of the transaxle and accessable from the last cover.

Reply to
Liberals=Minority Party