Wide White paint

Went looking for somw wide whites today and ran into this.

Malcom Gillette

mbstude

Now if they can tint it black... I've got an old rubber tractor seat that needs some attention.

Lee

Reply to
Lee Aanderud

Here is a link showing a guy using this white wall paint on his Vespa:

Paul

Reply to
R1Lark

Crap! You can't drive your car for a week! Jeff (That's a year if you're Nate ) Rice

"Malcom Gillette" wrote...

Reply to
Jeff Rice

Reply to
mbstude

Whadayamean??? His car won't be road worthy for well long after that!

JT

Jeff Rice wrote:

Reply to
Grumpy AuContraire

Reply to
John Poulos

I've seen this sort of thing before; it wasn't _bad_, per se...

Remember: an imitation material may be able to APPROXIMATE that which it imitates, but it will almost never look as good as the real thing.

-Dutch

Malcom Gillette wrote:

Reply to
Dutch

HOW do you get a perfect edge between the paint and tire and what do you mask it with?

Reply to
Bill Glass

Reply to
John Poulos

You wouldn't mask it. What you'd do is position the tire horizontally, spin it, and apply your brush. Think record, and tone arm.

-Dutch

Bill Glass wrote:

Reply to
Dutch

Jack it up and spin the tire and wheel up to about 20 mph... Hold the paint roller close to your face (so you can see) Jeff (oh, and use jackstands to be safe ) Rice

"Bill Glass" wrote...

Reply to
Jeff Rice

Reply to
Don Smith

Reply to
mbstude

Now they are over $100 set though.

mbstude wrote:

Reply to
John Poulos

Back in the early 50's I used white wall paint purchased at Montgomery Ward. It worked quite well. I did the boat trailer tires and the tires on my black 47 Chevrolet. As long as no curbs were scraped they stood up fine. Every few months a touch up coat helped, Denny L

Malcom Gillette wrote:

Reply to
lockmon

Reply to
mbstude

Reply to
John Poulos

Would not give you $5 for a set. I still have a set I used on the Hawk for a week. At highway speeds it sounded like you were driving on four flat tires.

They especially won't work on radials, as the radial does its flexing they don't

BG

Reply to
Bill Glass