J-10 - is it a good thing?

Have a chance to buy a 1975 Jeep J-10. It has the V-8 engine but no idea on the transmission, gearbox's, etc. It is in rough shape but it was running until a few months ago when the wiring harnes caught fire. (hey, just trying to be honest here!). The body looks straight but has some rust damage (all the way through on the side of the bed.

What in the heck might one of these be worth? He's asking $1000 but...dunno. What would YOU pay?

gdv

Reply to
gdv

No way would I pay that, with the body shot and wiring gone. It should have Dana 44's F&R, they might be worth $200.

Just my $0.02

-- JimG

80' CJ-7 258 CID 35" BFG MT on 15x10 Centerlines D44 Rear, Dana 30 Front. SOA 4.56 Gears, LockRight F&R Dana 300 w/4:1 & Currie twin sticks Warn X8000i w/ dual batteries
Reply to
JimG

Thanks for the feedback. Just had no idea where to start on that. Really neither was he. Mainly there is the issue of just how "rare" something like this is...I mean, I had a guy offer me $2000 for a run down rusty VW bug recently that I expected to get maybve $200 for (because the engine was good). So, it's just one of those things...you never know how much a hunk of metal is worth to some people.

Would love to hear other comments...specifically about the J-10 as I recall a lengthy thread recently about the "value" of a older model Scrambler along the same lines.

gdv

Reply to
gdv

The J Trucks are outstanding rigs for their full-size status. They are becoming hard to find, especially one with a good body. But they are out there, you should be able to find something much better for your grand.

Don W

Reply to
Don Wallish

Reply to