2000 Intrepid air bag light.

I have a 2000 Intrepid with about 120000 miles. In the last couple of weeks, in this 100 heat a strange thing is happening. When I get in my car and start it up, the air bag light will stay on, but I have no fan,
no window controls, no turn signal, but the air conditioner, radio are ok. If I drive it a while, with the air on, then stop and restart the car, things go back to normal. Why is this? When the outside temps are normal it's ok.
Rex