89 3.0 dynasty

I have a 89 Dynasty, that seems like it is sucking air, it is very loud. It comes and goes, when it is quiet it runs great. When it is sucking air
loudly, it hesitates, dies, and just has no power. It also sounds like it is backfiring in the plenum. It is intermittent. The only codes that are pulled are for the speed sensor. Its hard to exactly tell where the air sound is coming from, but sounds like either the plenum or the air box. This did not start until after I degreased the engine while it was cold. It ran fine up until that point, the next day is when it started. Might be a coincidence but, who knows.
Sounds like a vacumn leak around the intake manifold. Does the engine idle race up as the computer tries to adjust when the problem is evident? Try spraying carburetor cleaner along the plenum where it meets the cylinder head. If the engine smooths out, you have identified a leak. Remove intake plenum and install new intake manifold gasket.