89 Neon Cruise control Problem

Can anyone offer me advice?
I have an 89 Neon (don't laugh, but it is a Plymouth).
The cruise does not work. The dash light does not come on when I try to
turn it on. All fuses have been tested and ok'd.
Any suggestions on what to check and what might be wrong?
Thanks Scott

That system is designed to be checked out with a scan tool to see the inputs and outputs of all sensors and switches
Check for a vacuum leak in the hose that goes to the vacuum tank, also check the tank itself, I have seen many cracked at the vac. nipples. As for electrical problems I agree with Maxpower, take it somewhere for a ECM fault test.

If the vacuum canister was cracked it would not affect the lite on the dash when the cruise switch is turned on. The lite should still turn on but just would not allow cruise to work. But im like you, I have seen many nipples and canisters broke
Glenn
Thanks for the advice all.
Scott

snipped-for-privacy@hotmail.com says...

Can't laugh at a miracle, considering that the first Neons were built as my 1994 as cy 1995 models.
--
Be alert...
the world needs more lerts.