92 caravan wont start

our 92 caravn wont start it started for about 4 seconds then shut off when we tried to restart it it would not do anything other than crank. we added more fuel and checked the fuel filter but to no avail. when we first started trying to restart it we could hear the fuel pumphum but as the battery got weak from cranking we can no longer hear the pump..we were getting fuel up to the filter at first but no farther now there is no fuel getting to filter any suggestions?

Reply to
candycane22203

check your timing belt

Reply to
minivan408

would the timing keep it from not getting any fuel to the fuel rail or the filter?

Reply to
candycane22203

I wonder what engine this vehicle has in it?

Reply to
maxpower

it has a 3.3 v6

Reply to
candycane22203

it has a 3.3 v6

Reply to
candycane22203

This vehicle has a timing chain not a belt. Check for fault codes turn key on off on off on off and then on, count the flashes of the check engnie lite with the pauses... blink blink pause blink blink pause would be a code 22. It will end with a 55. If i had to guess i would think cam/crank sensor. I wonder how many miles are on this vehicle?? Glenn Beasley Chrysler Tech

Reply to
maxpower

it has 130000 miles on it

Reply to
candycane22203

i just checked the code and it blinked 1 time paused then 2 times paused then 5 times paused then 5 more times what does this code mean?

Reply to
candycane22203

It means there are no codes

Reply to
maxpower

do u think it is possibly the fuel pump? if so do u think i could get one from a salvage yard due to my low funds at this time and later replace it with a new one? and how hard are they to put in?

Reply to
candycane22203

I wonder if the battery got disconnected "to check and see if it was causing the problem" thus wiping all the codes.

Reply to
Little Joe

Could be pump. could be sending unit saying you have fuel but dont, could be alot of things, spray some gum cutter or a shot of starting fluid into the throttle body to see if it starts.....if it does at least you know it is fuel related

Reply to
maxpower

No becuase since the problem is there now, it would produce a hard fault code, meaning it would set right away

Reply to
maxpower