92 Dodge minivan strange problem

My 92 Dodge Caravan, lately has been acting funny. Early in the mornings, after starting it, put in gear, the car won't move. I sit and wait for several seconds, almost a minute sometimes, then the gear kicks in...and even then it's stuck on 1st gear, won't change gears even at high speed. The gears act normal afterif I stop, turn off the ignition and start up again. Is my transmission failing or the drive belts having a problem? TIA

Reply to
James Deen

fire it up and go straight to neutral in the morning for about a minute. then try it. report back.....

Reply to
rob

Reply to
James Deen

Sounds like you are having internal or electrical problems with the trans, its acting up in the morning and then going into a limp-in mode, take it to a dealer/trans shop to have the systems scanned for fault codes

Reply to
maxpower