93 Shadow Stalling

I have a 93 Shadow ES 2.5 liter. It runs like a gem, but every other week or so it will just stop running. It will either start to sputter on the highway or die at a stop light. I replaced the map sensor, and I
thought that fixed it, but after a few weeks it started again.
I had it towed twice to my local mechanic. Of coursse it came of the tow truck and started right up both times. He said it had an error code of too lean or too little fuel. He checked everything and the only thing that was even remotely odd was the waveform on the Hall Effect switch (never heard of that). He replaced it. I picked it up and it died within 50 feet. The mechanic finally got it back to the shop after probably 20 starts/stops. Once back to the shop, it started up just fine (isn't that something). So he keeps it for a week and drives it everyday with guages hooked up to monitor fuel pressure. It ran perfect.
It does appear to idle low, at least the tach show about 250-500 RPM. The engine doesn't "sound" like the idle is that low. It sounds fine.
The mechanic gave me a list of three things that he woul replace if it was his car: 1. ASD Relay 2. Ignition Coil 3. Fuel Pump
I put on the Relay and Coil, and will attempt the fuel pump tomorrow morning (looks kinda tricky if you follow all the "rules").
Any ideas? Thanks so much! Shane PS: sorry for cross-posting to alt.auto.chrysler
Did you ever consider testing the fuel pressure? chances are the fuel pressure regulator could be bad. And this so called "mechanic" is trying to tell you to go through the process of elimination. It is quite expensive and time consuming so i wouldn't listen to anyone who tells you to replace and rebuild half your car lol.
I got the stalling to stop bt replacing the fuel pump, ASD Relay, Fuel Filter, and Ignition Coil. I did it all myself.
Do you think this the fuel pressure regulator could cause low idle speeds?
Thanks so much!!!! Shane

"Shane McBride" wrote: > I got the stalling to stop bt replacing the fuel pump, ASD > Relay, Fuel > Filter, and Ignition Coil. I did it all myself. > > Do you think this the fuel pressure regulator could cause low > idle speeds? > > Thanks so much!!!! > Shane >
> > > Did you ever consider testing the fuel pressure? chances are > the fuel > > pressure regulator could be bad. And this so called > "mechanic" is trying > > to tell you to go through the process of elimination. It is > quite > > expensive and time consuming so i wouldn't listen to anyone > who tells you > > to replace and rebuild half your car lol. > >
I have the same problem with my 1993 dodge shadow 3 liter. I whent to the mechanic after replaicing the fuel pump and he said it was the gr valve. Well i still have the problem where it will just run and die all of a sudden but will start back up in a minute. I still have yet to figure out what it is. I aslo have the low idle problem to. So i guess the problem may be in the asd relay or inginiton coil if that fixed it for you.