95 grand caravan with fault code 32

The above-mentioned vehicle has 3.3L engine and recently rolled over to 200k. The engine runs great, but occassionally the "check engine"
light comes on when driving more than a few miles around town. When driving on the highway, it comes on at about 10 miles out and does a little sputtering now and then and runs a little rough.
Can anyone tell me what this might be? I'd like to pick your brains and get some opinions here, before I take it into the shop.
Thanks in advance, Brigitte
On Sat, 18 Nov 2006 10:09:11 -0800, Brigitte wrote:

Check here:
http://www.allpar.com/fix/80s-codes.html
The first link near the top will tell yuou how to get the codes. I believe you put the key in the ingition, and within 5 seconds turn the key ON (NOT start!), off, on, off, on. At this point the Check Engine light should flash, the first digit, then a pause, then the second digit: for example on on on on on
It will do this ONCE, IIRC. In the case above, three "on"s, a pause and one "on" indicates code 32, or
# 32 (1984 only) power loss/limited lamp or circuit # 32 EGR gases not working (1988) - check vacuum, valve # 32 (1990-92, all but Turbo) computer didn't see change in air/'fuel ratio when EGR activated - check valve, vacuum lines, and EGR electrical
Looks to me like the EGR system would be a good place to start!