'98 Caravan Oil Pressure Light

I've got a well-maintained since new 3.3 '98 Caravan with 140K miles and the oil pressure light & warning buzzer have started coming on at idle
occasionally when warm. Anyone know if this common for the engine and mileage? Should I consider going to a higher viscosity oil (always used 10W-30)? Thanks.
Geary in NC
I woul dconsider having the oil pressure tested. if you maintain this vehicle and have the oil changed at the proper times all you may need is an oil pressure sending unit. If the sending unit is leaking (which it probably is) it is causing the lite to turn on. Make sure you clean out the connector really good or the problem may still be there.
Glenn Beasley Chrysler Tech
On Thu, 09 Nov 2006 07:15:37 -0500, "damnnickname"

I'll second that. Oil pressure switch is the ,ost likely problem. Also, has the oil been changed recently? Has the problem been there before the last change? What 10W30 are you using? I have had an oil pressure problem on a 3.3 using Penzoil 10W30 that went away when I changed to a different brand.

clare at snyder.on.ca wrote:

I think I'll just replace that switch when the wife gets back with the car (next week). I'll post the results afterwards. I've been using Castrol Syntec for about a year, and after all I've read about it, I'm not terribly impressed since it seems it's not a true synthetic, at least not like the pricey Amsoil I run in my motorcycle. More soon.
Geary

are excellent it is more than adequate for your use.