99 neon

I have a 99 neon that seem to us alot of gas. I have done the normal maintance. tune up ,change all oils and air filters. anyone have any idea what I'm missing.thanks

Start with finding out what fault codes are set.
Glenn Beasley Chrysler Tech
I had my neon checked and found no fault codes. I heard somewhere that I might need to have my ecm reprogramed, that some of these ecm may need to be updated for better proformance on repgrogramming them.
Could be the O2 Sensor. My M-I-L 98 was running so rich you could smell unburned gas out the tailpipe. The car had a complete tune-up, plugs, wires, and coil. Also made sure the intake from air filter thru the engine was cleaned thoroughly. I also decided to change the O2 sensor, and it fixed the problem. I should also let you know that you should check your tire pressures also! Low tire pressure causes lower gas mileage. And there was NO codes that showed on the computer. I just did my S-I-Laws 98 also. Same symptoms, lower mileage problem. Gave a major tune-up, and changed her O2 sensor. Had 88,000 miles though so it needed to be changed.
-
I had neon check for any fault codes. It comes up clean. no error codes. any suggestions out there?