Anyone thinking of buying Dodge..........check this first

Page 1 of 2
http://www.daimlerchryslervehicleproblems.com /

or just service your vehicle like it says to do in your owners manual. that's seems to help.

I agree.

Dodge Dakota I bought new in '99. Before the warranty (60,000km) expired: 1. Paint peeled off front bumper. 2. Seals in A/C were replaced. 3. Transmission shift linkage replaced. 4. Front upper ball joints replaced. Dealer told me it would take awhile to get all the "bugs" out.
After the warranty had expired: 1. Battery replaced (4 years old) 2. Waterpump 3. Both wheel bearings. 4. y pipe on exhaust. 5. cruise control stopped working 6. Front rear seal on transmission 7.Flimsy Dodge box liner warps when sun shines on it. 8. Transmission pan rusted out. 9. Transfer case leaking fluid. 10. Seat belts won't retract. I've done the recommended maintenace on this lemon since day one. I use this truck to travel to work and have never had it off road. The few times I've used it to go on a trip (never over 1000KM) something major has gone wrong.
Service on the recommended schedule doesn't do much for lemons, nor does DC serve lemonade.
rob wrote:

Not only does Dodge sell junk........they are killing people Latest Gen3 Unlatching Claims Two Lives DaimlerChrysler Denies Safety Problems DaimlerChrysler has started a vigorous public relations campaign to deny safety problems with the Gen3 seat belt buckle. Furthermore, they have begun issuing a statement to the media that the GEN3 "passes all federal safety standards." But federal regulations require that seat belt buckles "be designed to minimize the possibility of accidental release," and the Gen-3 buckle does not minimize the possibility of accidental release
Two women were killed and a child seriously injured in a roll-over accident Dec. 28, 2002, near Beeville, Texas. This brings the total number of deaths to 17 and serious injuries to 27 in accidents in which Gen3 buckles are believed to have unlatched.
http://www.unsafebelts.com /

If truly a problem, the NHTSA will force a safety recall. Daimler won't have a choice in the matter.
When someone can prove to me that a particular brand and model of vehicle has never killed anyone or had any reliability problems whatsoever, please let me know...I'll buy 3. Until that time, I'll pick a vehicle that fits my needs, is relatively safe and relatively reliable, and drive it till it breaks down and isn't worth fixing...
Wesley

Good reason to stick with Chrysler. Fewer roll-overs, rear-end gas tank explosions, and most car for the money - anywhere.
2002 Dodge Intrepid 2000 Dodge Neon 2000 Dodge Dakota 1998 Dodge Dakota

and 30,000 ford trucks caught fire in the ignition switch, and the crown vics have gas tank fire problems and the cops hate them for the damn anti lock brakes causing accidents, and GM is recalling half of what they own, and people threatened to sue in the 70s over air bags in fords, and the pinto was a rolling rear end bomb, and the corvair kept blowing plugs out of the aluminum heads, and the Hudson was a huge lead sled, and Mr. tucker couldn't produce as many tuckers as he claimed or say the say.....yep uh huh......got any more?

we can't forget ford's recent SUV roll-over issues. or was it the tires that didn't cause other vehicles to roll over - only fords?

service manager at the last ford dealer I was at had lots of pet names like ford "exploder", "deathstar", and then he said, "there's the mercury mistake". oh yeah, and the probes and their crappy engines, and the tempos, topaz and Taurus's. those things and their AXOD transmissions.......now THOSE kept me in business!
its bad when the service manager himself says things like that.

and he's right too. Compare Chrysler and ford here: http://www.carbuyingtips.com/humor.htm

On Sun, 10 Jul 2005 11:11:56 -0700, justme wrote:

You're a clueless idiot.
Not only that, you're stupid.
Linux Registered User #327951
justme wrote:

That web site to which "justme" directed us is "sponsored by Billy Edwards and The Edwards Law Firm, L.L.P."
For me, that says it all.
FIRE AWAY, ALL LAWYER JOKES WELCOME.
uh oh...........lol

figures. he smelled like a weasel from here.

Lawyers are just like diapers. They need to be changed often, and for the same reason.
Larry Behold Beware Believe
| justme wrote: | | > Not only does Dodge sell junk........they are killing people | > Latest Gen3 Unlatching Claims Two Lives | > DaimlerChrysler Denies Safety Problems | > DaimlerChrysler has started a vigorous public relations campaign to | > deny safety problems with the Gen3 seat belt buckle. Furthermore, they | > have begun issuing a statement to the media that the GEN3 "passes all | > federal safety standards." But federal regulations require that seat | > belt buckles "be designed to minimize the possibility of accidental | > release," and the Gen-3 buckle does not minimize the possibility of | > accidental release | > | > | > Two women were killed and a child seriously injured in a roll-over | > accident Dec. 28, 2002, near Beeville, Texas. This brings the total | > number of deaths to 17 and serious injuries to 27 in accidents in which | > Gen3 buckles are believed to have unlatched. | > | > http://www.unsafebelts.com / | > | ======================================| | That web site to which "justme" directed us is "sponsored by Billy | Edwards and The Edwards Law Firm, L.L.P." | | For me, that says it all. | | FIRE AWAY, ALL LAWYER JOKES WELCOME. | |
what's the diff between a lawyer and a sucker?
ones a bottom feeding, mud sucking maggot and the other is a fish

What do you call 50 lawyers buried up to their necks in sand ???
Not enough sand. . . . . . . . . . . . What do you call 50 lawyers going over a cliff in a bus????
A good start.