Caravan tail light stays on

2000 Dodge Caravan tail light stays on for a brief period of time even after teh van is shut off. The signal lights stopped working but we traced that to the fact a front signal light bulb popped out of place.
Once re-inserted the signal lights are fine,,,,,,but any ideas why the tailights stay on for a bit of time after the van is shut off?? Thanks Dodger
Tail lites or (brake lites)? Parking lites?
Glenn Beasley Chrysler Tech

Hello Glenn, and thank you for your presence on this site: As of now the lights are working fine and I really cannot answer your question. Should it happen again I'll make sure to note whether its brake lights although I think it is. Thanks again Dodger

if it is the brake lites only, replace the switch on the brake pedal
Glenn