Code Reader

Im looking for a decent handheld OBD 11 code reader for my own personal use, any recommendations or words of wisdom out here for what to look for ? wheres best place to buy one wanting a lcd readout, and less then $200 , perfer $100 range if they are any good

Reply to
Donnie

I just purchased this one the other day, the price went from $117.00 to $179.00 depending on which site you get it from. This reader is the same company that supplies the dealer with the DRB's that we use. It took 2 days to get, free shipping and no tax. The readout is fast and clear and is just what I needed. It will only read out and display engine faults. Will not do ABS or Body codes.

Glenn Beasley Chrysler Tech

Reply to
maxpower

hey glen....wasn't 96 like a hybrid year for OBDI and II? kinda like the switch over year? or was that 95? What can I look for to tell its one or the other? (cars a 96).

rob

philthy

I didn't notice the connector changed to a different style underneath the dash........but ive seen them under the drivers dash since the early 90s.

rob

that should read DID notice......I had to go there to program the key fob remotes

rob

96 is the OBD2
Reply to
maxpower

ok cool will look at the OTC unit myself

rob