Code Reader

Im looking for a decent handheld OBD 11 code reader for my own personal use, any recommendations or words of wisdom out here for what to look for ?
wheres best place to buy one wanting a lcd readout, and less then $200 , perfer $100 range if they are any good
Add pictures here
‚úĖ

use,
I just purchased this one the other day, the price went from $117.00 to $179.00 depending on which site you get it from. This reader is the same company that supplies the dealer with the DRB's that we use. It took 2 days to get, free shipping and no tax. The readout is fast and clear and is just what I needed. It will only read out and display engine faults. Will not do ABS or Body codes. http://www.tooltopia.com/index.asp?PageAction=VIEWCATS&Category !30&ovchn=GGL&ovcpn mpaign%2B1&ovcrn=%22code%2Breader%22&ovtac=PPC
Glenn Beasley Chrysler Tech
Add pictures here
‚úĖ
hey glen....wasn't 96 like a hybrid year for OBDI and II? kinda like the switch over year? or was that 95? What can I look for to tell its one or the other? (cars a 96).

are
days
just
do
--------------5369808420A9E8664186A5DA Content-Type: text/plain; charset=us-ascii Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit
check ebay before u buy there is a few offered new there that runs thru a laptop and can be upgrades to more things if you want including new c.a.n stuff there is a few 95 cars with the obd2 connector that can be read but 96 is the real start of obd2 and the connector under the drivers dash for the most part hope that helps rob wrote:

--------------5369808420A9E8664186A5DA--
Add pictures here
‚úĖ
I didn't notice the connector changed to a different style underneath the dash........but ive seen them under the drivers dash since the early 90s.

are
days
just
do
http://www.tooltopia.com/index.asp?PageAction=VIEWCATS&Category !30&ovchn=GGL&ovcpn mpaign%2B1&ovcrn=%22code%2Breader%22&ovtac=PPC
Add pictures here
‚úĖ
that should read DID notice......I had to go there to program the key fob remotes

personal
not
http://www.tooltopia.com/index.asp?PageAction=VIEWCATS&Category !30&ovchn=GGL&ovcpn mpaign%2B1&ovcrn=%22code%2Breader%22&ovtac=PPC
Add pictures here
‚úĖ

personal
not
http://www.tooltopia.com/index.asp?PageAction=VIEWCATS&Category !30&ovchn=GGL&ovcpn mpaign%2B1&ovcrn=%22code%2Breader%22&ovtac=PPC
96 is the OBD2
Add pictures here
‚úĖ
ok cool will look at the OTC unit myself

?
they
same