OBD II Code Reader

Hi, Anyone has experience with the Inova 3100 OBD II Code Reader on Subaru? This one is on sale for $150 Cdn (appx $100 USD) and I'm thinking of getting one. Any advise?

What's the difference between a code reader and a code scanner anyway??

Thanks in advance. leo

Reply to
99Red_Forester

No, but I have considered getting something like this:

This reads the error codes, but also allows you to monitor various sensor outputs. I would think that would further help diagnose a problem. And I believe a reader and scanner are the same tool. They display the error message, or a code that you cross reference in the manaul.

Reply to
BSackamano

I've got one of those and it works great. More info at:

99Red_Forester wrote in article ...
Reply to
Steve

Reply to
calhoun

Have you access to Harbor Frieght tools there? Or perhaps online at harborfrieght.com as they sell one for $49.99 US and it is item #

46030-OREH.
Reply to
JW

Thanks for all the replies I'll be keeping an eye for a code scanner on sale.

leo

Reply to
99Red_Forester