"Dodge has high hopes for Caliber"

Dodge has high hopes for Caliber When the first-generation Dodge Neon appeared as an early 1995 model, the "entry level" was still characterized primarily by small compact
coupes and sedans. at http://www.washtimes.com/autoweekend/20060216-010813-3592r.htm
"the Caliber appears to have been derived from the ... Magnum wagon" ?!?
Derived how? Doesn't sound right.

I don't find the Caliber as a car I would purchase.
Dave

David McDermott wrote: "I don't find the Caliber as a car I would purchase"
I am also with you as it does not appeal to me. They are targeting young buyers between the ages of 25 and 45 according to their sales training. It does have some unique features such as the built in rechargeable LED flashlight and the in the glove box drink cooler. The CVT transmission is also new and I would like to drive one to see how it feels. To me it looks too much like the Ford Focus.
Sarge