Dodge instupid

What is the deal with the dodge 2.7 engine ? I have heard nothing but bad things about them but when I look them up for sale on car-parts .com the bone yards want $ 2,000 for one . I have a 2000 Dodge Intrepid that
needs a engine replaced because while I was making a pass it went down to 1st gear and stressed the already worn out engine ( it had been replaced by a past owner) and it started knocking . I was gonna pull the pan and replace the rod bearings but cant get the two front 10mm bolts off . Someone take this POS off my hands! Make a offer ! Pics available by request . Thanks !
On Mon, 28 Jul 2008 22:38:40 -0500, snipped-for-privacy@webtv.net (Leon Taylor) wrote:

Because running 2.7s are scarse, the price is high. They are a "high maintenance" engine. Neglect them even ONCE and they will turn around and bite you. Preferred Synthetic oil at the "severe maintenance" schedule.