Engine swap

I have a 2000 Neon. I feel that it is too slow. It handles great, it just can't keep up with my driving. I have to go to WOT way too often.It also only goes 118mph, It takes me almost an hour longer to
get back and forth to work. I bought it after some dumptruck driven by an intoxicated man without a CDL creamed my old Dynasty.
To get to the point, I want to swap my 3.3L and 7AOD into my Neon. I never had to WOT the Dynasty, it was quick enough at about half throttle. Now, I THINK it will fit under the hood. I also know that I'll have to make new mounts but, what about the cooling, electronics, steering, and suspension. I COULD do a whole new wiring harness, I know how, but that would be a pain. Plumbing a radiator isn't a big deal either. I am greatly lacking in knowledge of steering and suspension. I do like the Neons handling, and the Dynasty flopped around the corners like a dead fish. If I can keep the steering and suspension the way it is, I will. I've heard of an autostick conversion for the 3.3 and would like to have a stickshift Neon. Is there any extra work for that? How much work? If it is too much I'll just go Automatic. The other thing is Can I move the 7AOD shifter to the floor?
thanks in advance

"Yawn"
You got to much time on your hands

No, I need that extra hour back from the slower car, I can take 2 days off work to swap the motor, but that'll save me an hour almost every day. I used to hit 130 on the interstate in my Dynasty. I want my hour back. I'd like to not to give up my Neon because it handles great, but I really want my hour back. As much as the Autostick - I'd love a stick shift. Have you driven stick? I have and I don't like Autos much. The shifter needs to be on the floor so I don't have to replace the steering column. That's time I don't want to spend.
Just so you know, right now I'm on break at work, eating my only meal today, smoking my first cigarette of the day and checking my email and posts. I don't have too much time on my hands.
Your Dynasty wont go that fast, the PCM is programmed to shut fuel off at 114 MPH. Try again
Glenn
-- Message posted using http://www.talkaboutautos.com/group/alt.autos.dodge / More information at http://www.talkaboutautos.com/faq.html

Did I ever say it wasn't reflashed?

at
You didn't have to!! a flash will/willnot make the vehicle run over 114 mph.. Your vehicle flat out could not go over the 114 mile cut out PERIOD!! Go find another newsgroup to post your bullshit stories

Were you riding with me when the needle was buried? Nope. So unless you actually rode with me, don't say that my car couldn't do it. I know what I saw.
On Thu, 29 Nov 2007 11:52:51 -0800, personalcheeseit wrote:

You're full of shit. Fuck off and troll somewhere else, punk.

On Thu, 29 Nov 2007 15:35:06 -0600, Dan C

Well I KNOW a 170 cu inch 1963 valliant can bury the needle when properly set up. I've done it and also seen 206HP at the rear wheels on the Dyno. And that's no BS.

<clare at snyder.on.ca> wrote in message wrote:

114
PERIOD!!
We are talking about a computerized vehicle that is programmed to only go a Max MPH. It shuts down when it reaches the set MPH
On Fri, 30 Nov 2007 16:33:39 -0500, "maxpower"

Unless that is suppressed in the programming. Done all the time on Neons. Export calibration chip does not have the speed limiter enabled from the factory.Dealers can get theinformation and equipment to reprogram for race use as well. Every "sedan racer" will have it disabled (SCCA showroom stock)

<clare at snyder.on.ca> wrote in message wrote:

go a

Chrysler Does sell high performance engine controllers on alot of the trucks and sporty vehicles, the Dynasty did not have that option nor did the OP specify any after market modules
On Thu, 22 Nov 2007 17:12:53 -0800, personalcheeseit wrote:

<snip>

Why don't you dump the Neon and get a Charger R/T with the R/T package? It can go 150MPH and way better on gas than the gutless 3.3L.

Ultimately do-able, but the cost may well make it more reasonable to just buy a different car that already has the power & handling you want. On the other hand, your project car would make a hell of a "sleeper"...

personalcheeseit wrote:

This is absurd, but it's your money. A 2.0L turbo could put out far more HP than the 3.3L, get better mileage, and will fit the car with little or no mods. More of your $2500 budget would be used to make your Neon really fast.