Intermittant wiper update Help needed

Greg Hite wrote:

located
are
intermittent
Greg, I am wondering why you replaced the wiper motor? Check or replace (for about $10) the Relay switch for the wiper pulse located under the hood in the (black) fuse box panel. The part looks like a 1"square block that plugs in. This is also the same type RELAY that is used for the wiper on/off. They are interchangeable. The problem could also be the switch that turns on/off the intermittent for the wipers--J
He replaced the wiper motor because if the park switch is no good in the motor the intermittent wipers will never work. Thats one of the first things you check as a test with the scan tool is the park switch,
Glenn Beasley Chrysler Tech
Thank you for taking the time to answer my post. I called the Dodge dealer and he can't find the Relay switch for the wiper pulse in his parts book. He suggested replacing the switch on the turn signal. Any suggestions - thank you - greg
I went to the dealer no luck - advance auto no luck the library and chilton no luck - called the dealer service and got a quote of $150.00 to $300.00. He said a module under dash needs replaced nothing in engine compartment If I knew which relay to replace in the engine compartment I would at least try that. - anybody able to clear this up? a simple problem turns into a nightmare. Thanks for alll your suggestions - greg
Greg Hite wrote:

Sorry Greg, for some reason I was thinking this was a '98 I would have to agree, multifunction switch, (BCM) module under dash or wiring problem. You could try a scrapyard for the multifunction switch. Just curious if it bugs you that much $$ not to have intermittent wipers?--J
The BCM is the little box you were refering to on the older models. On the older models normally when the wipers didnt have intermittent wipe is was due to the wiper pulse module under the dash, it was either a black or gray box depending on the year
Glenn Beasley Chrysler Tech