Need Engine size info from VIN?

I'm looking for info of different engine sizes when ready the vin number. I know it's the 8th digit but just don't know what letter means what?

a 2007 vehicle could not have the same engine as a 1990 vehicle. What is the complete vin number and what model vehicle is it?
Glenn Beasley Chrysler Tech
well I would be looking at a few vehicles 97-2001 Ram 1500, 96-2001 Dakota, 2000 - 2003 Neon / SX 96-2001 Caravan / Voyagers
the reason is I sometime get access to purchase Salvage vehicles and it's a pain not knowing what motor it is without looking at it.