Re: Need New PCM?

It can happen. My sebring did a similar thing would die and couldn';t start. when it was cold would start and then die when worm. so tested the car everywere and the relays would click but the car would not start. The ignition switch was fine. Ended up being the ECU.

So basically you called the first shop idiots and liars, yet you don't even know the problem. You going to do that to the second shop too?

Reply to
holycow

Your situation is different than mine. First, I have no clicking at all. Second, my car won't start when it's cold, though it did do it that one time for the mechanic. But after sitting for over 4 hours, it wouldn't start again.

As for calling them "idiots and liars," I don't recall calling them idiots. I do know that when I asked the mechanic why he was able to start it if it was the PCM, as he said, his reply was, "We got lucky. We just got lucky." That's not the most technical answer I've ever heard.

As for calling them liars, that was in the context of saying that I owed them $89 for the diagnostic, but then charging me $96 when I came to pick up the car, citing a $7 shop fee. If there's a shop fee, then fine. But don't tell me that I owe you $89, and then charge me $96 when I show up.

Neil

Reply to
Neil