Starting Troubles

Hello,
I have a 98 Dodge Neon R/T. I can't get the car to start. When you turn the key, you hear the starter click/pop, but the engine does not turn over. I have started to car the old fashioned way to get it home,
by popping the clutch. I have already replaced the starter and also tried jump starting the car.
Any other suggestions of what to look for?
thanks,
Aaron
On 11 Mar 2007 10:09:54 -0700, snipped-for-privacy@gmail.com wrote:

drop test of all cables and connections.

evident this problem will also occur. Have you check at least the batter terminals?
Glenn Beasley Chrysler Tech

Thanks, I'll get the battery tested tonight and change the terminals.
Aaron

I got the battery replaced, and changed the terminals, but I am left with the same problem starter clicks/pops, but never turns the engine over,
Aaron
Hello,

may be worn out and causing the solenoid to not work. You need to have someone try to start this vehicle while you check the starter solenoid wire for 12 volts (at the small brown wire on the starter) at good test lite will work for this.

The terminals were corroded and couldnt tighten them very tight so I needed to replace them anyway...I'll check the starter solenoid wire...
thanks

Thanks guys, It turned out to be a bad cable from the starter to the battery, once I replaced it, it started right up,
Aaron