98 neon r/t dohc

After driving for about 10 min there is a high piched sound that is comming from the TB area.It goes away when you are on the gas. It sounds like a vacuum leak but no codes come up for a vacuum leak any ideas what it might be ??

Reply to
shumi2

I will take a shot at this.....It could be a vacuum leak.

Glenn Beasley Chrysler Tech

Reply to
maxpower

Well why does it happen only after the car gets hot??one would think it would happen all the time for a vacuum leak?on a side note... if you pinch close the vacuum lines the pitch does not change it's sounds like a tea kettle when its hot.

Reply to
shumi2

Keep im mind I cannot hear the noise you are referring to, it could be a normal noise from the AIS motor. If it were a vacuum leak.....it doesn't mean it has to be a vacuum hose, It could be a gasket at the throttle body or an intake manifold gasket. A can of throttle body cleaner sprayed in the area of the noise may pinpoint a leak by spraying the area. Also a rubber hose such as a 2 foot long heater hose works well to find such a noise, place one end at the area the noise is heard and the other end placed at you ear to locate it.

Glenn

Reply to
maxpower