I have a 2000 Dodge Neon

The check engine light came on. What's the most likely reason why it came on? thanks

Reply to
hialeahboy

Probably something is going wrong in the engine.

Reply to
Dan C

It could be something simple, like a bad sensor. Have a mechanic read the codes.

Reply to
James C. Reeves

Something broke.

Get the codes scanned to find out what.

Reply to
LouieHow

I was about to get the car checked for the trouble code, but the check engine light disappeared now... Does this give anyone any clue of what it could be?

Reply to
hialeahboy

if it set a code its still in there, go get it scanned

Reply to
rob

"" wrote: > The check engine light came on. What's the most likely reason > why it > came on? thanks

Something can be goin on with the engine. I have a 1998 Neon and I have a way of getting the trouble shooting codes from the on board computer by using your key. It might not work on the newer Neons but its worth a try. Don?t worry it won?t harm your car. Ok, with the engine NOT running turn the ignition ON, OFF, ON, OFF, ON. ( must be done within 5 seconds) Make sure the car did?nt start. The check engine light will begin to blink. It will blink the number of the first digit and then pause and will blink the number of the second digit. Example: say the code is 24 the light will blink 2 times, pause, then blink 4 times. I have the codes in repair manual. Get back to me with the code and I?ll look it up for you.

Reply to
tuner98