1998 Grand Caravan

Page 12 of 13

If you can play them, so can I.
Sucks when your own tactics are used against you, doesn't it?
Please reply with some inane bullshit, it might be amusing.
--
Max

And have done so far longer than any of us.

You should know the answer to this one as well.

I must agree here as yours have entertained me for quite a while now.

Max Dodge wrote:

You wouldn't recognize an honest, factual discussion if you saw one.

I wouldn't know. That's your problem - in your ignorance and dishonesty, you think anything that is said, whether factual or not is 'tactics', and that's all your ranting is without reality to back it up. You specialize in shell games - obvious to everyone, probably including yourself.

I'm sure in your mind, and no one else's, I have obliged you.
as i said i never changed MY post!!!!!! get it straight max. someone else said to probe the center pin. infact when i mentioned probing the center pin i said you would have to BACK probe! here ill cut and paste directly from the original.

now you've seen that before. THAT WAS MY FIRST POST INTO THIS THREAD! anyone else that suggested probing down the front of the port was SOMEONE ELSE and not me. get your stuff straight max!
now go accuse someone else of not knowing what they are doing.
--
-Chris
05 CTD
Christopher Thompson wrote:

Hi Christopher...
'twas me, and I don't mind being blamed and taking my fair share of the heat. I apologize for somehow inadvertantly drawing you into it.
I can only offer that I (incorrectly) assumed that some things should be taken as a given. Like the meter being turned on, the battery connected, and so on. Most importantly, that we'd all recognize that the load placed on the wiring by a high impedance and/or digital meter would be so little it would be well into the reciprocity failure range. (effectively making Ohm's law fail - ooh boy, am I gonna be sorry I said that :)
Sorry again, and take care.
Ken
im not upset with you no need to apologise. no harm no foul take it easy ken
--
-Chris
05 CTD

Since you acknowledge that what I replied to was different than what YOU changed the description to read, perhaps YOU should go accuse someone else of not knowing what they are doing.
--
Max

LOL simply amazing! what a creative mind you have.
--
-Chris
05 CTD

have
Since the meter already has a high impedence, there is no load on its wires so no measurable voltage drop there.

probe
LOL! How is this a valid battery load test?

0.
W R O N G !!!

Really??? Name them.

for
port.
Agreed, but a battery load test is NOT required to do this.

check
the
What are you measuring continuity between? If it is between the connector case and the battery negative, you still need those long leads and here, a cobbled connection will give a false reading unlike a simple voltage measurment which will not. As for the engineering, it would be great if they had the last word but they don't.

TBone wrote:

Isn't it amusing that he calls for a "continuity test" *as* *opposed* *to* running a current thru the same path and measuring the voltage drop across said path when in fact, when you understand how an ohmmeter works, you know that that is exaclty what it does, just at lower levels of current forced and voltage read (the ratio in either case being the resistance) (i.e., measuring voltage drop with forced current continuity test, with the results even in the same engineering units). Oh no! I'm in trouble now! I used the word "engineering"! Like waving a red flag in front of a bull.

I didn't call for a continuity test, I merely rebutted a test which would not work, saying that a continuity test would be the only way for the proposed test circuit to work.

No, you took words out of context and claimed I said something I didn't. Jeez, get it straight, I'm still saying the load test would be the best one to use.... funny, thats a voltage reading, not a continuity test.
You're not in trouble for saying "engineering", but you might be in trouble for lying... if I cared that much.
Fun to watch you spin.
--
Max

Actually, yea you did and more than once.

the
lower
being
Oh
red
one
LOL, like how you keep attempting to equate a low level circuit load test with the battery load test you keep harping on about.

trouble
If you didn't care then why are you posting? I guess the only one lying here is you to yourself.

Once again, accusing others of doing what you are I see. Unfortunately, you do so often that it is no longer effective.

its
wires
complete
volts
test,
the
for
connector
Max can never admit to error regardless of how obvious it may be and will go on for quite a while.

Christopher Thompson wrote:

Christopher, Max and Budd stop just short of saying that Ohm's law is false, and it is clear that they do not understand it's application. Plus the fact that Max, thru dishonesty or ignorance plays shell games with the facts - for example - here you clearly say that to do the voltage drop thing, you apply a load, and in Max's post immediately following, he says that you won't get a voltage drop because you didn't apply a load.

not
(or
probe as

law we

acrost
0.
yes i know thats why ive talked myself out of replying serveral times. ive followed the thread for the most part from the begining.
--
-Chris
05 CTD

once again. go back read the posts. i never changed my test method.
--
-Chris
05 CTD
Christopher Thompson wrote:

I hear ya! I swore to myself that I wasn't going to reply anymore. I'm so weak!!!!!! :)

Yet another lie on your part. Go back and read the original description Chris gives of his test.
--
Max