Caravan 3.3L compatibility

Can anyone tell me if a 3.3L from a 93 Caravan is the same as a 3.3L out of a 97 Caravan. I know that I'll have to swap all of the peripherals, including the intake manifold. Just wondering if everything will bolt up properly.

Thanks.

Reply to
Gamtart

I would say yes. They both have the "R" VIN code.

..... Just looked up the intakes for both years.. They are the same. Well, they take the same gaskets. Their might be some minor differences with the harness & sensors etc.

Chas

Reply to
m6onz5a

Maybe, The problem is that the 93 would have been designed as an OBDI vehicle and the 97 is OBDII. There are probably sensors, and ignition differences as well as fuel system changes as well.

Reply to
Steve W.

Reply to
man of machines