1999 Dodge Ram head light problem

I have a 1999 Dodge Ram pickup 1500. The low beams work fine. The high beams will work if I hold the switch up (toward the steering wheel). If I release the switch handle I have no lights at all. If I
click the handle again the low beams come back on. Do I need to replace the switch? Thanks.
David

Yep

dimmer/lightswitch lever did the trick....