2001 Dakota

How's everyone doing?

I've got a little issue with my truck and I was wondering if anyone might have some sort of an idea of what might be some possible causes and maybe some tips to correct it.

The truck spits, sputters and hiccups occasionally while accelerating. It seems to be getting worse as time goes by but it is gradual.

I did try injector cleaner, to no avail...

I'm not exactly a mechanic but I am quite handy with a knife, fork and spoon. Just kidding...

I do need a little input though. Thanks

Jeff

Reply to
Bleeder973

Well, I am sure some one will ask, so I will to get it out the way. How many miles are on it, has the basic services been performed? Plugs, fuel filter, etc.

Reply to
azwiley1

Reply to
Bleeder973

do you have a check engine light on?

can we take your statement to mean it had a tune up done 6 months ago

Reply to
Chris Thompson

Most problems turn out to be the simple stuff. Water in the gas, ignition parts going bad, that kind of thing. My next try would be a bottle or two of alcohol "dry gas". Also called gas line antifreeze.

Reply to
Stormin Mormon

Yes , 6 months ago it had a regular tune up. Plugs \wires etc...

The check engine light comes and goes...

Thanks, Jeff

Reply to
Bleeder973

check the codes by cycling the key on - off - on - off - on the codes should show as Pxxx (xxx being a set of numbers) on the odometer display (i believe a 01 dakota has a didgital display) write them all down, when its done it will show "Pdone" and post back here with the codes.

Reply to
Chris Thompson

code = P 0305

code = P 0305