2002 1500 4x4 ram leaking rack and pinion

The dealer replaced the complete rack when the truck had 10,000 miles on it. It is now leaking again with 45,000 on the odometer. Not under warranty this time. Any one have similar problems? Is this a
job that I might be able to handle at home or is this a dealer item only. Could it be a seal or would the whole thing need to be replace? I'm off to get a service manual ... Anyone have a preference over Chilton or Hayes.