2002 Ram 1500 4x4 5.9L problems...

Got two problems with my 02 1500 Ram 4x4 5.9L:

The automatic transmission takes forever to get to overdrive, if it ever does. It also doesn't drop into drive and reverse reliably. (indicator says D or R and it's really in neutral) Is there an easy adjustment to fix this, or am I going to have to have the dealer look at it?

About once every 3 months or so the check engine light comes on. I pull the fuse for the ECM (effectively re-booting the truck) for a few seconds and replace, and the light goes out for a few more months. Any ideas? Is there a magic procedure to get it to flash diagnostic codes so I can tell if it's serious before I plug it into the dealer$ expen$ive diagno$tic computer?

Thanks.

Dave

Reply to
Dave Moulton

Sure... cycle the ignition three times (OFF-ON-OFF-ON-OFF-ON), and the OBD-II code(s) will display on the odometer

Reply to
Tom Lawrence