2003 Ram 1500 Brakes

Hi Everyone,

I'm new to this website and I have a question about brakes and rotors for anyone who knows about this stuff. I have 40K miles on my Ram 1500 SLT4X4 4.

7L and I noticed that the brakes were shaking and felt like they were going to explode when I slowed to around 40 and 20 mph. It started around 3K miles ago and kept getting worse. I had the same thing happen around 20K miles and the dealership took care of it but now it is back and since the warranty is expired I have to get this fixed. I took it to a MIDAS shop near my apartment and the mechanic there told me that I needed new rotors and break pads for all 4 tires. Truth be told, I dont know shit about automechanics and pricing. I saw the TSB that another user posted about the brakes and the mechanic also mentioned that to me. Does it sound right that the front and rear rotors and brake pads would need to be replaced and if so how much should something like this cost? Any advice is appreciated.....

Taf

Reply to
Tafmanian Devil

I just replaced my pads on my 04 Ram and it cost me ~ $140, but I did the work. I had the rotors turned at the part store for $20 each. If your rotors are not able to be turned, you can buy new one for ~ $30-$40 each. Rears should be cheaper. Pads can range from $30 to $80. If you get cermamic they will be more. I got semi-metallic for $45 a set. Labor rates vary - but expect $50-$60 /hr. and this is probably a 2 hour job.

Reply to
HomeBrewer

Thanks

HomeBrewer wrote: