95 Dakota 3.9Litre V6 running sluggish

Just last week, my fuel pump quit. I have replaced it, along with the Dist. cap, and rotor as they were showing a lot of wear. After making these replacements, it now runs very sluggish and won't climb a hill. I
have also replaced the Cooling Temp Sensor, as other owners have suggested, with no resolutions. HELP!!! I have double checked the firing order, and from TDC (Top Dead Center) it is correct as well, with regards to the plug wires positioning on the distributor. I am simply stumped at this point.
Try cam position sensor and indexing the distributor.