AC Problems.

Hi all. I have a 1998 Ram 1500 4x4 quad cab. The air has never been ice cold, al the other vehicles I have owned has. Took the truck to the mechanic whos specialized in ac work, checked it all out,cleaned it all
out-wasnt that dirty-between radiators. Was full of charge,no leaks-the air is still somewat cool-on max air-,not cold compressor cycles on /off ,truck does not get hot . Any ideas or does dodge have weak ac, systems? If the compressor is is bad,or weak? wouldnt there be noise? Any recalls on ac systems? Thanks . snipped-for-privacy@webtv.net.
Quick test, run your ac and drive a bit put your hand on the return side of the accumulator from the evaporator it should be sweating and cold. If it is then there is nothing wrong with the ac more than likely it is a mixing air door issue. Coasty

Coasty-Had truck checked out again this morning,Everything working normal, the parts that was supposed to sweat was,and had cabin air down to 59 degrees,sitting at the shop. He had it today,when it got so hot and humid,it acted up again,wouldnt cool-keep up,he recommended to stop the flow of coolant to heater core,that it was overpowering the ac?! The mixer door was working,but was still getting hot air dumped in the cabin,from the heater core somehow. I havnt decided yet to have this done,need ideas from you all about this should or shouldnt have this done,would truck run hotter? An ideas would be helpfull. Thank you all for your time. snipped-for-privacy@webtv.net

If you have the temp lever all the way left in the blue and you still are getting hot air there still is an issue with the blending door.
Coasty
Coasty,The tech. checked everything, and its all working within factory specs,he still wants to put a valve in the heatercore hose to stop the coolant,(extra heat)? Is there another coolant that compatable with the system,that cools better than the r134a? Yes the knob is turned all the way in the blue,far as it will turn. Early mornings it works ,ok,but when it gets bad in the afternoons,just mildly kinda cool air even moving down the road. Thanks. snipped-for-privacy@wetv.net
On Wed, 2 Aug 2006 09:22:45 -0500, e lowejr wrote:

I put the industrial 12a from the below link in my 98 QC this spring and it gets much cooler. It still doesn't work well at idle when temp is above 90 and sitting in the sun. It feels to me like the AC blower is not moving as much air as other vehicles. My evaporator is clean before anyone suggests otherwise!
http://autorefrigerants.com/co00033.htm
--
snipped-for-privacy@adelphia.net
Remove the dots for reply.