98 Ram 1500 4x4 Quad Shock Problems

My truck has about 106,000 miles. I replaced the front shocks with Edelbrock IAS and after about 1000 miles they went out, i.e. knocking, sounding like something was loose. I then put Monroe Gas Matics and solved the problems. Now the driver's side is doing the same thing. I'm out of remedies. The Monroe have a warranty but any shock should last more than 1000 miles. Any help would be appreciated.

Reply to
Grizzz3

I'm guessing you had the wrong Edelbrock IAS shocks for your truck. They were probably too long or short and were destroyed. A friend of mine has them on his 1999 Yukon and liked them so much he put them on his 2000 Silverado last year. The worst thing I have heard about them is they are too soft.

BDK

Reply to
BDK

I checked the model numbers and they were correct and the Gas Magnums are apparently doing the same thing.

Reply to
Grizzz3

Are your bumpstops missing?

And just to eliminate the obvious... is your suspension stock, or is it modified in any way?

Reply to
Tom Lawrence

The lower mount bolt on the front shocks have to be cranked down very tight or they will rattle.

Reply to
Nosey