Dodge 1500 5.7 Hemi with Flowmaster 40 series Delta - what is the tube for on OEM muffler?

I just had this muffler installed with dual exhaust, cat back, and it sounds pretty good. However, I noticed the original OEM muffler had a couple of tubes coming off of it. There is none on the Flowmaster.

What's that tube for? Is it a heat riser tube for the carb or is it for an oxygen sensor? Do I need it hooked up for functionality?

The reasons I'm asking is because of a couple of things. I know these new motors are fly-by wire and wondering if it affects functionality because it feels like I'm losing power during certain use, the exhaust smells rich, and it's droning. Did I pick the wrong muffler for this motor? Maybe I should have gone for the 50 series SUV Delta?

Should I ask the shop that did it to rig up a tube in the muffler to wherever it hooks up to?

Thanks in advance,

Ace

Reply to
Aceman

Exhaust gasses that have not been broken down by catalyst maybe

Reply to
GeekBoy

In news:2csRf.120225$ snipped-for-privacy@fe02.news.easynews.com, GeekBoy stated, which I commented on below:

Not sure about that. It's a small tube, only 1/2". There are two on the muffler, and two on the resonator.

Ace

Reply to
Aceman

Are sure your not looking at the mounting brackets??

Reply to
Jay

In news:%qJTf.40265$oL.13819@attbi_s71, Jay stated, which I commented on below:

Stupid me, yep, you're right, they are the mounting brackets! If only I looked closer at first. When I did, I saw they are solid and not hollow tubes.

LOL

Ace

Reply to
Aceman