Dodge 1500 5.7 Hemi with Flowmaster 40 series Delta - what is the tube for on OEM muffler?

I just had this muffler installed with dual exhaust, cat back, and it sounds pretty good. However, I noticed the original OEM muffler had a couple of
tubes coming off of it. There is none on the Flowmaster.
What's that tube for? Is it a heat riser tube for the carb or is it for an oxygen sensor? Do I need it hooked up for functionality?
The reasons I'm asking is because of a couple of things. I know these new motors are fly-by wire and wondering if it affects functionality because it feels like I'm losing power during certain use, the exhaust smells rich, and it's droning. Did I pick the wrong muffler for this motor? Maybe I should have gone for the 50 series SUV Delta?
Should I ask the shop that did it to rig up a tube in the muffler to wherever it hooks up to?
Thanks in advance,
Ace

Exhaust gasses that have not been broken down by catalyst maybe

In stated, which I commented on below:

Not sure about that. It's a small tube, only 1/2". There are two on the muffler, and two on the resonator.
Ace
Are sure your not looking at the mounting brackets??
stated, which I commented on below:

In stated, which I commented on below:

Stupid me, yep, you're right, they are the mounting brackets! If only I looked closer at first. When I did, I saw they are solid and not hollow tubes.
LOL
Ace