Flowmaster Muffler for 96 Pontiac Grand Am

Hello all. I'm thinking of installing a Flowmaster muffler on my 1996 Pontiac Grand Am SE 6 cylinder and I need to know what will be the performance advantage of this type of muffler and what type of Flowmaster Muffler would be the right type for this make and model. Any replies will be appreciated.

Thanks

Reply to
Tony

I have a 50 series on my '95. Basically, a 50 or 40 series is what you'll want on that. The 50 is quieter, but with the same performance. IMO, I think the 50 is plenty loud! And I left on the resonator which makes a HUGE difference. I actually would go quieter if I could. But if you like it loud, a 40 series will do.

I also replaced the pipe from the cat back, 2 1/4 inch. I wouldn't go much bigger at all with a single pipe. A bigger pipe might give you a little more top end vs. a smaller pipe. But the smaller pipe will still give you some top end, but a lot more bottom end, and mid range torque. For me, the power change was very easily noticeable.

Tony

Reply to
Tony V.