40 Series Flowmaster "DELTAS"

Who else has uses them ??

I have them on my Stang that has a O/R H-pipe and I get NO 2k drone and IMHO, they are TOO quiet.

Why don't more folks know about the DELTAS??

-ERIC

89 5.0 LX Vert w/93 Cobra long block, GT-40 heads, Unknown Camshaft(??), HyperTech Chip, 73mm C&L MAF, BBK 2.5" O/R H-pipe, Flowmaster 40 Series Deltas, King Cobra Clutch Set, BBK Strut Tower Brace, Poly bushings.
Reply to
Katmandu

I put a set of the deltas on last summer, and I agree the drone is noticeable reduced if not eliminated. I think my car sounds a bit louder with them actually, but that could be a result of the long tube headers, and more so due to the fact that I left off the tail-pipes. I also went with the stainless, so hopefully I will have many years to go before needing to do another replacement.

Jason

Reply to
Jason

"Katmandu" wrote in news:yfvZb.3038$6t5.1749 @fe3.columbus.rr.com:

i think they do but they just dont want them. i listened to them form samples, and i didnt like the sound, and like you said, too quiet..

long live drone

idahoprime

You have "Dumps" then ??

How do you like them ??

My tailpipe chrome tips need replaced and I gotta do something with them....... (??)

-ERIC

89 5.0 LX Vert w/93 Cobra long block, GT-40 heads, Unknown Camshaft(??), HyperTech Chip, 73mm C&L MAF, BBK 2.5" O/R H-pipe, Flowmaster 40 Series Deltas, King Cobra Clutch Set, BBK Strut Tower Brace, Poly bushings.

Reply to
Katmandu

I have a set of turn downs, but they are a bit long and interfere with the rear axel. If I get my car back in the garage before I get too busy with work again I'll shorten them up and put them on. For now there is nothing after the mufflers. As far as sound levels go, you can feel the house rattle when it's idling in my (attached) garage, and a good friend of mine says he can here me coming from a good quarter mile away when I visit. I like :)

Jason

Camshaft(??),

Reply to
Jason

I'm not sure about the delta's, but Flowmaster claims that you need pipe (18" IIRC) after the muffler to make their baffling work correctly. All I could get on mine was about 12" on my 89. You might want to check the Flowmaster website to see how much they call for sure.

MadDAWG

Reply to
MadDAWG

Thanks, learn something new every day. I checked their sight, and found "Tailpipes shold be a minimum or 10", and not longer than 6' Tailpipe length of more than 6' may need a resonator." Didn't really specify between the different models. If you managed 12" on your '89, I imagine I'll be able to fit close to the same on my '87.

Jason

Reply to
Jason

yeah 10" should be fine. Just run straight back as far as you can and then add the rest to the turn down section.

MadDAWG

Reply to
MadDAWG

Anyone have an issues with smelling exhaust when running "Turn Downs" ??

What would the difference(s) be if I installed "Turn Downs" on my Convertible ??