Dodge 2500 Hemi Oil Pressure Sender

Book says special socket required, any details or has anyone done one of these?

I've got that classic zero oil pressure on start-up, shut down and oil pressure is OK. Always has oil pressure just doesn't read.

Wish that blasted sender wasn't so expensive too. BTW, Rock Auto has three different senders listed for that engine/year, anyone know the right one? I believe it is the one with three terminals (and hence the most expensive one, too!)

Reply to
PeterD

Good to see so many people here with answers... (NOT!)

Reply to
PeterD

This group isn't as active as it once was. Folks moving to Mexico and Florida, fishing, shooting and da machine is taking most of their time.

I look in once in awhile but don't know anything about your sender.

Reply to
FMB

Point your browser to

and then go from there.....bunch of knowledgeable people there. Don

Reply to
IGot2P

I know what you mean... we hear little from them anymore.

Reply to
PeterD

Thanks, Don, I should have googled for a Dodge forum... I registered, did a search in the Ram section, and found exactly the same problems from another owner (or two or three...) and the universal consensus was to replace the sender. Guess I'm doing that next week.

Right now (I'm in New England) parts are a bit hard to get, (I usually get from CarQuest) as the warehouses are all flooded.

I'd order from Rock Auto, but they list three different senders and I've no idea which is the 'right' one! Ouch...

Reply to
PeterD

Replaced the sender... Turns out that the correct sender is cheap (the wrong one is expensive, not sure why that was in my cross-reference?) Seems fixed, a couple of starts have been normal, total cost of repair, about $12.

Reply to
PeterD

Sure is nice when it ends up being the less expensive part.

Reply to
FMB