Dodge 2500 Hemi Oil Pressure Sender

Book says special socket required, any details or has anyone done one of these?
I've got that classic zero oil pressure on start-up, shut down and oil
pressure is OK. Always has oil pressure just doesn't read.
Wish that blasted sender wasn't so expensive too. BTW, Rock Auto has three different senders listed for that engine/year, anyone know the right one? I believe it is the one with three terminals (and hence the most expensive one, too!)
--
I'm never going to grow up.

On 10/31/2012 7:46 AM, PeterD wrote:

Good to see so many people here with answers... (NOT!)
--
I'm never going to grow up.

This group isn't as active as it once was. Folks moving to Mexico and Florida, fishing, shooting and da machine is taking most of their time.
I look in once in awhile but don't know anything about your sender.
--

FMB
(North Mexico)
On 11/2/2012 12:26 PM, FMB wrote:

I know what you mean... we hear little from them anymore.
--
I'm never going to grow up.

On 10/31/2012 6:46 AM, PeterD wrote:

Point your browser to http://dodgeforum.com/forum/dodge-trucks-41/ and then go from there.....bunch of knowledgeable people there.
Don
On 11/2/2012 12:45 PM, IGot2P wrote:

Thanks, Don, I should have googled for a Dodge forum... <g> I registered, did a search in the Ram section, and found exactly the same problems from another owner (or two or three...) and the universal consensus was to replace the sender. Guess I'm doing that next week.
Right now (I'm in New England) parts are a bit hard to get, (I usually get from CarQuest) as the warehouses are all flooded.
I'd order from Rock Auto, but they list three different senders and I've no idea which is the 'right' one! Ouch...
--
I'm never going to grow up.

On 10/31/2012 7:46 AM, PeterD wrote:

Replaced the sender... Turns out that the correct sender is cheap (the wrong one is expensive, not sure why that was in my cross-reference?) Seems fixed, a couple of starts have been normal, total cost of repair, about $12.
--
I'm never going to grow up.

Sure is nice when it ends up being the less expensive part.
--

FMB
(North Mexico)