oil pressure sender

Does anyone know of a web site that sells the newer type of oil pressure gauge sender.. the new type is about the size of a reversing light switch, and apparantly dosent use a resistance wire and wiper, but something else,

i had found a few sites a while ago that sold the older type (large bell shaped things) and the new type,but now i need one, i cant find it again.

help

Reply to
Gazz

Holden sell a few different types.

Dave Plowman

dang, this is driving me mad, i was searching for something else, and found a site that described a couple of different sender units.. now i want one.. i cant find that site again.. arggh

not sure if the new type of sender is a piezo one, or something similar, all i know is it's small.. where as normal ones are about 4 inghes high and 2 wide.. the new types are tiny in comparison.

failing that i could i suppose use one of the VDO senders that have 2 terminals.. one for the gauge the other for the idiot light.. but finding them is not easy either, like i need to know the pressure the switch contact closes at, as my vans engine's normal switch is something like 0.2 bar.. about 4 psi i think,

i hate the net at times :(

Reply to
CampinGazz