electrical trouble

I have a trouble code that says that the Generator field no switching proderly. The manual says to check the generatorfield control circuit. Does any one know what this means and how I can fix it?

I'm not sure. My crystal ball is getting fuzzy and is not giving me a clear picture as to the make, model, or year of the vehicle in question. Perhaps you could help me out.
"gixxer05" < snipped-for-privacy@aol.com> wrote in message
gixxer05 wrote:

PCM is unable to regulate generator field current.
Check for 12 volts to alternator field. Check for open field in alternator; connections, brushes, alternator field winding continuity. Check wiring between alternator field and PCM. Possible bad PCM.