engine light

hey guys , engine light came on about a month ago with the warning code P0138 HO2S. then it went away after one day. well now its back P0138 HO2S Circuit High Voltage Bank 1 Sensor 2 , would anyone care to give me any advice on what this would mean. thanks guys

Reply to
fred

It means the post-cat O2 sensor is reporting a rich condition. This could be caused by your cat converter not doing it's job, or by the O2 sensor being covered in crud, it's wiring compromised, or the sensor is just plain broke.

Reply to
Tom Lawrence

thanks tom appreciate the reply

Reply to
fred

my 2000 ram has the same problem with that code P0138 now it shows two sensors is it the one in front of the cat. or behind it.

Reply to
leemn