MILES PER GALLON

I just bought a 1996 Dodge Ram 1500 crew cab pickup with the 5.2 engine and automatic overdrive transmission and wonder what kind of gas milage to expect. Thanks for any replys.

Reply to
DCLIFF

Expect around 10 to 12 in the city and up to 16 or slightly more on the highway but of course, it all depends on how you drive it.

Reply to
TBone

In other words, not very good. It's OK. I'm in the same boat.

My 2001 w/5.9L gets about 14 around town, 18 highway. I had a 2000 4x4 with the 5.2L and got about the same.

Reply to
miles

If it is a 2X4 then you should get 14-15 in town and 17-19 on the highway. Thats what I got out of my 96 when I owned it. As mentioned by others it will depend on your driving habits.

Jerry

Reply to
Jerry

Yes sight your sights low and if it does better you will not be disapointed. Those trucks are known for not being thrity on fuel.

Reply to
SnoMan