Engine RPM goes to zero when releasing accelarator pedal

Please Helpl! My 1995 Dodge Ram dies frequently when slowing down while approaching stops. The engine RPM goes to zero and then the engine dies. Sometimes the engine RPM goes to zero then returns to normal. What's UP???

Reply to
RayJor

RamMan

The engine in my 1995 Dodge RAM dies often when I let go of the accelerator pedal typlically when approaching stops. When the engine does not die, the tachometer goes to zero RPM then returns to normal. Can anyone help???

Reply to
RayJor

Thanks! I'll check it out. I found out later today that it could also possibly be the Throttle Position Sensor. Do you have info on this sensor causing this problem?

Reply to
RayJor