fire order

what is the fire order for a 1988 dodge 4x4 with a 318 engine. and what is the order the plugs hook into the cap

1-8-4-3-6-5-7-2
The distributor rotates clockwise, and #1 should be marked on the cap.
What about 9?
Tom Lawrence wrote:

what Tom said.... also, it's usually stamped on the intake manifold..
Best to look at a book or on the web for the plug order... saves a LOT of time..
I was helping my neighbor troubleshoot his kid's 78 Olds after he replaced the timing gears.. wouldn't fire but cranked good, etc...
I asked him if he used the book (that I'd loaned him) for the plug wires and he said "nope, didn't need it.. I used the firing order".. He had it all screwed up.. should have SEEN that some plug wires were long and some way to short for the way he had them..lol (he did have #1 in the right place, since I'd marked it before he took it apart.. )
mac
Please remove splinters before emailing