Found stripped bolts while installing molded mud flaps

This is my 1st dodge truck after 18 years of Chevy / GMC. My 1st project is to install factory Mopar molded mud flaps which requires removal of bolt
that goes right behind rear wheel well. It bolts through the body panel to a support arm rod type thing that keeps things rigid in that area. Both bolts didn't want to come out. They are stripped smooth as if assembles with an air ratchet that over torques them until they stripped.
Was supposed to be a 15 minute job ... geeeze. Darned aggravating it is!
What have I got myself into with this dodge? never saw any of this sort of nonsense with my GM products.
--
Daniel Ward
2318 Thomas

True, GM skimped on the engines, transmissions and overall fit and finish rather than the mudflps. GM has PERFECT mudflaps.
Dodge, OTOH, has always tried to put the best engineering IN the truck, not ON the wheelwells.
BTW, since this is an unmoderated newsgroup open to the entire world, you might want to keep your important phone numbers and home address somewhere OTHER than your sig line. That is, assuming you didn't steal them from soemone else in an attempt to have him harassed....
--
Max

OK so I'm learning. Signature is turned off on news groups and on when sending resume to possible jobs, etc.. :-)

Yep calm cool and collected

Dan Ward wrote:

Nah, I never had any stripped bolts on my GM products either. Just the usual GM habit of replacing water pump, alternator and starter before reaching 65,000 miles. I've had none of that nor stripped bolts on my Dodges.