Mopar molded mud flap instal on 06 quad cab

Has anyone installed the factory ram molded mud flap on a 2006 quad cab or equivalent model truck?

Here is the deal. Of course the installation is so simple the instructions don't need any written words. (yea...right). I guess I can make a mountain out of a mole hill.

On the rear they have you remove the 2 screws that hold plastic inner wheel well in place and the one bolt that hold the support brace that bolts through right behind wheel well. The 2 screws are put back in through mud flap, through wheel well, and then back into blind nut locked onto inner wheel well. The bolt right behind wheel well also gets reinstalled. This bolt has the captive washer on it when means the plastic of the mud flap has to be sandwiched in between the washer and the body panel. Is that the way everyone does it?. Seems like wash should be between plastic and body panel but can't get washer off of bolt. Plus once I took bolt out the body panel under washer was without paint so I dabbed some paint over bare metal. And then they want to to drill a 3rd hole in wheel well opening for a 3rd screw. Geee I hate to drill a new hole in my new truck. I'd be shocked if the 2 factory screws wouldn't hold the mud flap. Do you think the 3rd is required?

Pretty much a repeat for the front flaps but the factory did not put the blind nut (or are the called speed nuts?) on the upper hole of the wheel well so I'm hoping Home Depot will sell them.. Anyone know the size? I'm pretty certain it is a #10 screw but have never bought this sort of nut before. Is it a one size fits all as long as the hole is for a #10 screw?

Reply to
Dan Ward