Mud Flaps - Legal Question..?

Mine has never had them (while I've had it, about 15 months now), passed an MOT without comment (well the only comment was "it's in bloody good nick for 20 yer-ol innit?").

Regards. Mark.

Reply to
MVP

Do you have to have them (on the rear of a 90)? I've taken mine off, to avoid them being ripped off, but I'm wondering if I'm infringing any law; I haven't seen many others around without rear mud-flaps.

Thanks,

McBad

Mine has gone through 2 mot's without them.

Reply to
bones

Mine got damaged twice - at RTV trials. Removed them, cut them short, bolted in place of rear grab handles. Look OK, MOT OK, work OK, don't get damaged.

Stew.

Reply to
90ninety

In message , McBad writes

No legal requirement for mudflaps. I've got 3 on mine and it's gone thro MOTs OK. My ex mil didn't have any.

Reply to
hugh

Thanks all. I'll leave them off. The only parts of my chassis that have rusted are the bits where the mud-flaps bolted on and had trapped wet mud...

Cheers,

McBad