goodbye 5.9, HELLO 6.7!

http://inlinediesel.com/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID 27
a manager on a district level called me about my recent experience at lithia, apologized for the assinine treatment i had received earlier, and
asked me for another opportunity to earn my business. i heard him out and in the end i got a deal i couldnt refuse. so far im VERY impressed! the power, the 6 speed automatic transmission, and the exhaust brake are just awesome. i do have questions:
1- i have been warned about putting really heavy bumpers on my 5.9 equipped cummins due to wearing out the front end prematurely. is this still an issue with the '08 models with the 6.7? im hoping youll tell me the front end is built up to handle more weight.
2- the particulate filter sounds like ill never get any black smoke again. what can be done if anything to get around this system?
3- my wife needs tires on her '04.5 so im going to put the tires on my '08 on her truck and buy new tires for my '08. i want a somewhat aggressive (along the lines of a bfg MT or trxus mud terrain) E rated tire that will last at least 30,000 miles and stand up to heavy towing. id like to be close to stock, perhaps just a little taller, any recommendations?
4- salesman says my truck has a limited slip rear but i find NOTHING to substantiate that in paperwork and there is no tag on the differential cover. any ideas on how to confirm this? thanks,
Nathan In Montana http://ConcealedCarryForum.com
With regard to the limited slip, have ya jacked it up and rotated the tires?
--
Max

"Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, he is not entitled to his own

i havent. im hoping there is a way to decode the numbers on the rear end or some other way without getting physical. :-)
Nathan In Montana http://ConcealedCarryForum.com
Use the right toe and sharply depress the right pedal. One black mark on the pavement means open diff, two means its a limited slip.
Almost as easy as point and click.
--
Max

"Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, he is not entitled to his own

What if you get four marks? I turned a knob on the dash once, and got 6 marks. Very strange....

was it 7 marks, including the one on your underwear, Tom?
mac
Please remove splinters before emailing

And you have big tires as well. The next thing we will read, is sombody turning the radio knob and not being able to do it. <G>

Maybe the knob was on the air bag?
mac
Please remove splinters before emailing
Nathan W. Collier wrote:

Does the 2008 have an equipment list decal under the hood? Open the hood and look up.
--
Ken

I think my 99 and 01 have that info on a tag on the glove box
mac
Please remove splinters before emailing
The big problem with Dodge truck?van front ends Is that Quick oil change places never lube the grease fittings !!!
-- Message posted using http://www.talkaboutautos.com/group/alt.autos.dodge.trucks / More information at http://www.talkaboutautos.com/faq.html
Giving away the '01?
Some bastard Mexicans stole mine, and no $$ to replace it.

Google for "Cummins DPF Delete"
Seems to me you've got it backwards.....it's the salesman's job to prove the validity of his assertions...not yours.

On Mon, 28 Apr 2008 11:04:23 -0400, "curmudgeon"

As for a LS diff, IIRC all the bigger 4x4 ones have it by default. But my experience is that it is obvious, just give it a bit of fuel going aroudn a wet corner with a stop or pedistrian walk and you'll know!