Peak District

Ello

Me and Bec are coming to the peak district tomorrow morning for the weekend. Staying in Buxton.

Anyone near here? Would like to venture out on some byways but I'm reluctant to go exploring on my own, as last time I ended up on my roof!!! :(........;)

Any interesting places to visit while we are there?

Reply to
Mark Solesbury

"Mark Solesbury" wrote in message news: snipped-for-privacy@individual.net...

.............................................. Speedwell Cavern. Blue John Mine. TreakCliffe Cavern. Poole Cavern.

Bakewell town (YE olde bakewell pudding shop) (Market day Monday (where they sell cows & sheep))

Chatsworth House. (The farm shop is worth a visit)

The "Castle" pub for a good meal (Castleton).

To name but a few.

Have a good weekend there.

Mike (about 20 miles away in Staffordshire)

Reply to
Mike

"Mark Solesbury" wrote in message news: snipped-for-privacy@individual.net...

Buggerit we have the plumber coming round so I'm snookered I'll mail you a couple of places you might want to try. Derek

Reply to
Derek

Should have said Derek, i'm a good plumber, also do tiling, leccy, laminate and parquet flooring, to name but a few side jobs.. Next time be sure to ask!

cheers Wolfie

Reply to
lifeis

Thanks Wolfie he had already started the job we had a problem sourceing some parts with weird threads which finally arrived this week . Derek

Reply to
Derek

On or around Fri, 8 Sep 2006 21:50:20 +0100, "Mike" enlightened us thusly:

Just up the road from Blue John: Mam Tor and the defunct road that they've now given up on which used to run across the landslip. You can find it on the map...

should give you an arrow pointing at the bit that isn't the A6187 any more.

Reply to
Austin Shackles

Mark Solesbury uttered summat worrerz funny about:

Cor, with a bit of notice we could have jacked something up....

certainly wouldn't do any of them lanes on me jack jones though. We went back to take a look at one in the Disco solo and I thought I was going to come unstuck but managed to pull off a 240 point turn and showed my arse all the way back to the tarmac at which point I could see why John Paul kissed the ground when he got back on it.

though it's perhaphs as well as I've got an exam Tuesday, I've just released myself from the conservatory which is about the quietest room in the house.

Loads to do and with the list you already have you can't go far wrong.

:-)

Lee D

Reply to
Lee_D

Too late now probably, but if you pop in with your maps and I can mark up loads of lanes for you. Not entirely sure which ones are still legal though...........

Richard

Reply to
beamendsltd

That got me thinking, has anyone marked up Memory Map like this and is it worth sharing it around ???

Dave

--

1996 Disco 2000 & 2003 110 MR Ambulances
Reply to

Well, ended up having an afternoon laning rather by accident..... but alsmost all the lanes round Buxton/Hartington/Ashbourne have been "maintained" - it was perfectly possible to do 30 on the majority of them :-(

I didn't do any on "steps" lanes though, as I was on my own.

Still, there's two lads converted from "It must have blue calipers and several spoilers" thinking - ans we didn't even do anything at all challenging!

Richard

Reply to
beamendsltd